Search This Blog

March 25, 2011

The long awaited return..

After what has seemed like an eternity, I have finally returned to the dance world. Perhaps you did not await it as much as I have, but I missed it dearly. It was a sad day to find that most of the venues I attended when I last posted no longer host a dance night. Although, there are new and more intriguing dances around the area than there were before.
I have finally purchased a pair of Latin dance heels. Unfortunately, they take some time to break in and hurt at the moment. It's a pain worth suffering.
I still have to be careful as my knee still cannot take an abusive beating as before, but it has much improved thanks to a careful exercise program.
About 3 weeks ago, I tried out at an audition for a Salsa dance group forming in the area and had not realized how much there was to forget. I was very rusty and as such, did not make the cut. However, it was a learning experience and I will work on all that I did not know until the next audition. It wasn't a failure.. a disappointment maybe, but no failure. I just found that I didn't know or remember as much as I thought I did and that my body needs to be rebuilt to the dancer's standard.
Anyhow, I'm back and ready to kick up some dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say! Please share